How to apply for a Home or Investment Loan
Applying for a home or investment loan can be simple. You can do so at any of our branches, or have one of our Retail Relationship Managers visit you at home or work.
At Arab Bank Australia we understand life can be busy at times and we want to ensure this process is simple and straightforward. So, if you are interested in applying for a home or investment loan, follow these 3 simple steps to owning your own home sooner:
Step 1: Visit our Tools and Calculators page to learn more about your borrowing capacity.
Step 2: Make an appointment with one of our Retail Relationship Managers to discuss your borrowing needs.
Step 3: Bring along all necessary documents to your appointment, these documents may include the following:
If you are not an existing customer of Arab Bank Australia, bring along one of the following documents:
- Identification Document/s: Either a birth certificate, passport or Australian driver’s licence and one of the following:
- Current council rate notice, or
- Current water rate notice
- Other documents may also be acceptable to establish your identity. The documents provided must contain your photograph and your residential address.
If you are a wage or salary earner:
- Your last two years tax return
- Your last three pay slips or an original letter of employment from your employer
If you are self-employed:
- Your last three years' financial statements; or
- Your last three years' tax returns;
If you are purchasing a new property:
- You will need to bring along the front page of the contract of sale
If you are refinancing from another bank:
- Copies of your last 6 months' loan or transaction statements for the loan being refinanced;
- Land rates notice for proof of ownership of land;
Details of what you own, such as:
- Funds held in bank accounts
- Investments (super, shares etc)
- Assets (vehicle, boat etc)
Property investments, if you own rental property:
- The last three rental income statements from the real estate agent
Details of what you owe, such as:
- Personal loans
- Any other personal debts
- Information about any credit or store cards, including credit limits and current balances
- Your solicitor's / conveyancer's contact details
All applications for loans are subject to Arab Bank Australia Limited's normal credit approval criteria. Lenders' Mortgage Insurance is required on loans above 80% of the property's value that is offered as security. Terms and Conditions apply. Fees and charges apply.