Collection and use of personal information
Arab Bank Australia Limited ('we', 'us', 'our') ACN 37 002 950 745 requires personal information including information provided by you in this form in order to open and conduct an account and to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide all relevant information here then we will be unable to process your application to open an account or provide you with our products and services.
We may use the information provided by you for account administration, planning, product development and research purposes, as well as for the purpose of prudential and compliance management within the organisation.
The Privacy Act allows us and other applicable persons to disclose personal information about you when related to the primary purpose for which it was collected. Personal information include details to identify you and verify your identity, such as your name, sex, date of birth, current and previous addresses, your employment, your identification documents details, complaints details.
For the purpose of account opening and providing products and services to you and managing our business, we may give information to:
- external service providers to us, such as organisations which we use to verify your identity, to open the account or provide the product or service applied for, payment systems operators, mailing houses, and research consultants
- members of the Arab Bank Group;
- insurers and re-insurers, where insurance is provided in connection with our services to you;
- debt collecting agencies, if you have not repaid a debt as required;
- our professional advisors, such as accountants, lawyers and auditors;
- state or territory authorities that give assistance to facilitate the provision of home loans to individuals;
- other credit providers and their professional advisors;
- your representative, for example, lawyer, mortgage broker, financial advisor or attorney, as authorised by you; or
- government and regulatory authorities, if required or authorised by law;
- Credit reporting bodies and external dispute resolution schemes.
We may disclose your personal information within the Arab Bank Group, to our parent entity Arab Bank plc incorporated in Jordan. The information shall only be disclosed for the purposes set out in this document and an agreement is in place with our parent that it will observe the Australian Privacy laws.
You can request to access and update your personal information during ordinary business hours by contacting anyone who handles your banking or at:
Mail: P.O Box N645, Grosvenor Place Sydney NSW 1220
Telephone: 1800 646 484
Overseas callers: +61 2 9377 8900
Fax: 612 9221 5428